Friday 4 May 2012

EVALUATION: Who would be the audience for your media product? EVALUATION: How does your media product represent particular social groups?



Who would be the audience for your media product?

My magazine would attract audiences who have an interest in Country music. The age range would be from 18-40 and most typically aimed at older women because this genre of music would most likely have been more popular in their generation. An audience who would not be interested in my magazine are people who would be interested in rock music. I imagine the social class of my audience to be of middle or upper class as I believe they would not be interested in hip hip or RnB genres but more interested in timeless, and more gentle music.



My audience would be a niche audience therefore the the audience would be narrow casted unlike other genres of magazine which would have a more broader casting. However, a niche audience are more likely to be dedicated fans who will buy my magazine weekly therefor the price of my magazine could increase and they would still buy it.

I believe that my product is origianl as most other people chosen to stick to a more safer genre that is popular in society today. I wanted to bring something different and bring it back into the audiences eye.


HOW DOES YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT REPRESENT PARTICULAR SOCIAL GROUPS?
My magazine is more focused for middle-class and upper-class societies. This is because I believe that these social classes would be more interested in classical and relaxing music such as country, and not genres such as rock or RnB which are in the charts that I believe the working class are more interested in today. However, there are some cases in which working class could also enjoy country music and not follow the more popular choice as country music can also be relaxing but also exciting and energetic.


No comments:

Post a Comment